How To Make MailChimp Emails
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to write the Organizing Assembly Reminder Email
Note: "Organizing Assembly" and "General Assembly" will be abbreviated as "OA" and "GA" (respectively) below
- find out the date, time, and location of the next OA and GA
- if you don't know, check the [MACC Internal] list archives or ask the comms signal loop
- find the FB event link for the OA
- MACC FB events are here: https://www.facebook.com/137719533405915/events/
- if no FB event exists yet, message the comms loop and ask someone to make one
- find out what is likely to be on the agenda for the OA
- check [MACC Internal] for an email containing this info
- or ask the comms signal loop
- find out if there are any campaign updates or new clips the comms team wants to include
- ask comms signal thread
Note: emails in MailChimp are called "campaigns"
- login to mailchimp:
- find the last campaign that was about an OA, which you can do by:
- clicking on the "Campaigns" tab in the nav bar
- going here: https://us14.admin.mailchimp.com/campaigns/
- create a new campaign:
- click "create" in the upper-righthand corner
- click "email"
- name the campaign <MONTH DATE> Organizing Assembly
- choose recipients (pick "MACC NYC")
- add subject: "MACC Organizing Assembly: <DAY, DATE, TIME> @ <LOCATION>"
- pick a template (there is one that is obviously for organizing assemblies)
- click "content" and edit the content in the righthand pange
- be sure to:
- change the date, location, and FB event link for the OA (both in the header and email body)
- change the date and FB event link for the next GA
- update the agenda of the OA
- update "campaign update" listings (if any)
- click "save and close"
- copy and paste the url for your draft email
- send it to the comms signal loop and ask some to proof and send it
You did a great job. Here's a gif: https://giphy.com/embed/289ScILwOlY6bt5hYK"