MACC Information & Outreach Project
MACC Information & Outreach Project (MIOP) is a working group that focuses on promoting anarchist cultural and educational opportunities in NYC for broad range of people interested in radical ideas. MIOP does this by sponsoring and organizing cultural events that promote anarchism and revolutionary ideas. MIOP creates informational projects that help educate members of MACC and the public about the history and philosophy of anarchism. MIOP supports outreach efforts and provides orientations to anarchist culture. MIOP seeks to add cultural and educational elements to our revolutionary project.
MIOP Projects[edit | edit source]
Reading and Discussion Groups[edit | edit source]
- Anarchists Care About Books (ACAB): ACAB is MACC's open monthly bookclub
- Theory/Study Group: MACC's Theory/Study group reads and discusses anarchist theory, particularly as it relates to anarchist organizations and strategy.
- Burning Reels: MIOP supports Burning Reels a bimonthly radical film screening at the Spectacle.
- Literature Table: MIOP sets up and coordinates the anarchist literature table at outside events. It provides free literature on many anarchist topics and flyers for local anarchist groups
GA Materials[edit | edit source]
- GA Booklet: MIOP produces a monthly companion booklet for the MACC General Assemblies, which includes reportbacks from the working groups, anarchist history and culture, and more.
- GA Literature Table: MIOP sets up and coordinates the anarchist literature table at the GA and outside events. It provides free literature on many anarchist topics and flyers for local anarchist groups
- GA Orientation: MIOP coordinates and facilitates the MACC orientation for newcomers that precedes each General Assembly.
- GA Anarchist Newsreel: MIOP produces an 8 minute monthly newsreel of anarchist events from around the globe to educate and inspire.
- MACC Socials: MIOP believes culture creates politics and thus hosts a variety of socials for MACC comrades and sometimes the general public to particpate in and get to know each other. Some are speaking or cultural events and others are just meet ups at friendly bars and coffee places.
Contact[edit | edit source]
MIOP can be reached at email@example.com